SILKY TERRIER CLUB OF AMERICA
TERMS OF ADOPTION
I have read the preceding and agree to the conditions set forth this______ day of__________, ______.
- You agree to adopt a male/female Silky Terrier, aged approximately _____, with the call name of "_______________".
- You agree to donate $________ to the Silky Terrier Club of America Rescue program.
- No one can predict how any dog will react in a given situation, especially without complete knowledge of its life experiences. Therefore, adoptive owners are strongly urged to exercise prudence and caution in introducing an adoptive dog into a new situation until the Silky Terrier has become fully adjusted to its new environment and the adoptive owner has had an opportunity to become familiar with that Silky Terrier's unique personality.
- The Silky Terrier must never be allowed to run loose. It should always carry identifying tags and/or be tattooed with an identifying name or number,and/or have a microchip implant. If the home does not have a fenced yard, the Silky Terrier must always be walked on a leash.
- The dog shall reside indoors, in the adopter's home, and live as a family member in close companionship with its family. The dog will not be kept outdoors during the adopter's working hours, or at any other time left alone outdoors while the adopter is not at home, nor shall the Silky Terrier be left outdoors at night. The dog may be confined to a room such as a bedroom or basement or any other room of adequate size and protected from the elements of weather. The adopter is not to expose the dog to harmful objects, poisons, or other living creatures that may endanger the dog's life.
- Adoptive owners must be prepared to demonstrate their ability and willingness to provide proper food, medical care, and a loving, safe, healthy and clean environment for the Silky Terrier. Even if the dog has already had a basic obedience course, we urge a "refresher" course to establish respect and a close rapport more rapidly between dog and owner. Always be sure that the trainer is familiar with the Silky Terrier's temperament.
- The ownership and responsibility for the adopted Silky Terrier belongs solely to the adoptive owners. However, if for some valid reason, the adoption does not work to the advantage of the new owner and the dog, Silky Terrier Club of America must be contacted and given the option of reacquiring the Silky Terrier before any further placement. The adoptive owner shall not transfer ownership of the Silky Terrier unless the Silky Terrier Club of America elects not to exercise this option with 30 days.
- The Silky Terrier Club of America makes no representations or warranties regarding the temperament or physical condition of any adoptive Silky Terrier. Furthermore, because this dog's history is not known, the Silky Terrier Club of America cannot guarantee that this dog is a purebred Silky Terrier. All warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, where they are applicable, are hereby specifically disclaimed.
- The Silky Terrier Club of America shall not be responsible for any bodily injuries or property damage caused by any adopted Silky Terrier or by the actions of its adoptive owners. The adoptive owner hereby specifically assumes sole responsibility for, and agrees to hold the Silky Terrier Club of America harmless from, any and all loss and expenses (including legal fees) by reason of liability imposed by law upon Silky Terrier Club of America, or any of it's officers and members because of bodily injuries or death to any person or persons including the adoptive owners, or any damage to property arising out of or in consequence of the placement of the Silky Terrier, howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property may be caused, whether or not the same may have been caused, or may be alleged to have been accused, by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees, agents or members, or any other person.
Signature of Adopter:
Signature of Adopter:
City, State, Zip:
Witnessed ~ Signature of Rescue Member:
Return to STCA Rescue Workers Main Page